Monday 6 September 2010

Meet the stallholders...

Sarah Miner
Have you always been a 'crafty' person - how did you start making things to sell?
I have always loved drawing. I originally left school to go to art college and study medical illustration, but the course folded and I ended up with a career in biological sciences. Since having the children I have gone back to my first love of art, as I can fit it around school runs etc! I love the outdoors and walking and just drawing the scenes which inspire me. I realised I should do more with my art when it was received very well at a school Christmas Fayre. My next milestone is to organise a web site to sell online.
Tell us a bit about what you make...
I produce mainly landscapes and seascapes of East Anglia and the Isle of Wight (where I grew up). I use colour pencil, a medium which suits me as it allows fine detail and beautiful colours through layering, although the pictures do take a long time to complete! I sell my work mainly as limited edition Giclee prints, in presentation mounts, sealed and ready to frame, but also take commissions.

No comments:

Post a Comment