Monday 11 April 2011

Meet the stallholders Spring 2011...

Cyrillia Francis from Rose Glen
What will you be selling at the Spring Fayre?
I will be selling a range of women's clothing from skirts, tops dresses, etc, all handmade by me. Although I will not be able to carry every size, I am happy to take custom orders.
What are your favourite materials to use?
I love fabrics and being on Etsy and Artfire enables me to indulge in this passion. I don’t follow any particular fashion trend, and this is reflected in the clothes I create, I make clothes for women who celebrate their femininity, clothes that can be worn across all seasons. I love working with natural fabric, such as wool, silk, cotton and linen, but I use other fabric blends, if I like the feel and quality, I feel this is very important in construction of the clothes I create.
What inspires your creations?
Everything inspires me, I appreciate tradition and the history behind people. I love nature and how beautifully the different colours sit comfortable alongside each other. Before I start on a new project, I generally start with the fabric, as I said I love fabrics, and I am constantly buying, I have so much fabric, I could easily open my own fabric shop. I don’t always know what I am going to create with each piece. I often sit amongst my fabric and visualize someone I know or someone I met. How they would look, their personality and how I could make the fabric work for them. I believe this is very important because it makes my work personal with that individual touch.
 
Visit Cyrillia's shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/roseglen

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to meeting all these creative crafters on Saturday

    ReplyDelete